Thursday, October 26, 2006

Yesterday I was sitting in a free weekly internet marketing class and was reflecting on the last few months. So much has been accomplished; got the temp website up and running, made it 50% through development of the full site, sent out 2 newsletters, and filled some key personnel positions.
Then on Tuesday I found out something that made my week, make that my month. I found out that I rank #3 on Yahoo for "ideas for inventions" which is freaking rad (if there was ever a good time to use the word "rad," that was it). And on MSN I rank #6 for "idea patent." Thanks to the internet marketing class, I was able to use tips and tools to improve my rankings. Unfortunately I also found out about the dreaded Google sandbox, which essentially disallows sites under 13-14 months old to rank on highly searched terms such as "invention," "patent," and "idea." So it will be another year before I can rank on Google. But I'm still very happy with the Yahoo & MSN results.
A couple quick pointers for new entrepreneurs related to the above enlightenment:
1. Go to as many events, classes, seminars, webinars that you possibly can. Sometimes I've considered not going to one, and then afterwards I was so thankful I went because I learned something new, or met a good contact, or picked up a useful tip.
2. Get hooked up with your local SBDC (funded by the SBA). They have classes, sometimes free, cheap hookups for legal advice, FREE consulting, and other great resources. I've been to 10 events in 8 weeks and I recommend you do the same.

Godspeed.

Bryan

Post, request, buy, sell ideas for inventions, patents, trademarks at IdeaTango.com. Connecting Members, Empowering Ideas.

www.myspace.com/bryandaigle My myspace page that I rarely update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home